Monday, August 1, 2011

Yoga Camp Day 1

Well...it was very stressful getting here...but I made it. At 50-miles in, my check engine light came on. Every time I went through a toll booth, or stopped, the car would stall. UGH! Then, I lost GPS signal in the middle of what felt like Nowheresville, Massachusetts. But I made it!

Frog Lotus Yoga is an amazing place. It is an old wood mill turned yoga/art studio. The place is MASSIVE! The furnishings are a perfect balance of eclectic and Ikea. The students are equally mixed. The age range is 20-60. They have traveled far and wide too. There is a student who was teaching in Kuwait, left there and spent the past month working on a sustainable yoga farm in Costa Rica. There is a student from the Netherlands, one from Milan Italy...and one who drove from Seattle. Right now I'm enjoying a cup a coffee with a student who has been practicing yoga as long as I've been alive.

I think this is going to be a good experience....now to work on calming the mind.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very nice. It's not often that we have the freedom to completely focus on personal development.

    I look forward to the time when I can do something similar (hmm... 10 years, maybe)...

    ReplyDelete