Monday, July 25, 2011

Vegetarian Day 10


TODAY is day 10...but don't call me a Vegetarian just yet! To be honest, the hardest part so far is thinking of things to cook. I have no training and no cookbook. I've just been going to Trader Joes and buying things that interest me. Last night's meal...probably the best so far. Veggie Fajitas, sans tomato, cheese, and salsa. It wasn't tough watching the rest of my family eating meat...it was tough not putting cheese and salsa on mine. Maybe...I'm a condiment man?

Add to this vegetarian diet with the fact that it has been almost a month since I've had any dairy...well I did have a little sour cream when I was in California. It has also been about a month since I've had tomatoes and peppers. My doctor has put me on a restrictive diet! No nightshade vegetables. This has proven to be tougher than no meat. For the first two-weeks I was eating potato, I didn't read all of the info. My bad!

Funny thing is...I don't feel any differently. With the exception of being gassy! The doctor says it can take up to a month to feel anything. So...I wait. The good news is I'm off to Frog Lotus Yoga at the end of the month. There I will have a vegetarian chef cooking two vegetarian meals a day. Plus, yoga two times a day. I should feel something then.

The transition has been pretty easy. Hardest parts are: lunch at work, and coming up with something to cook. I've enjoyed tofu several times in various forms. Friends have told me I can get tofu bacon, which sounds interesting and disgusting at the same time. (It also might be sac-religious!) I made quinoa again with little success. Every time I make it...it is either over cooked or undercooked. This is a very earthy...and hardy meal. Portabella mushrooms have also become a staple in this 10-day stretch.


I still don't know if I will become a vegetarian, or if I will simply be more conscious of what I eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment