Sunday, July 17, 2011

On Becoming a Vegetarian

SO! When I attend my Yoga Teacher Training in August, I will be on a complete Ayurvedic diet. This is a 100% vegetarian diet. The teacher suggested I begin to prepare by reducing the amount of meat I eat. Lucky for me...I've already been doing this. Even luckier for me...my doctor has put me on a super restrictive diet. (for various reasons...not discussed here.) One of the things I can no longer eat is...DIARY!. Yep...this means NO CHEESE for me. So, I've switched over to Soy. Guess what??? It's not too bad. I've been eating the Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo for awhile now and almost prefer it over the real deal. I switched to Soy Creamer...same thing. I think I like it better than half and half.

The other day I picked up Trader Joe's Italian Sausage-Less Sausage. Wasn't sure what I was going to make with it. Ended up making Tuscan Soup. This is made with sausage, russet potato, kale, and heavy cream. I substituted the soy sausage and soy creamer...IT WAS WONDERFUL! The soy creamer broke a little, but it had great taste. FYI the faux-sausage tasted fantastic. I highly recommend it.

FYI...there is no reason (as of now) for you to worry about me replacing my loving bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment